Ashwagandha, one of the most powerful herbs in Ayurvedic healing, has been used since ancient times for a wide variety of conditions, and is most well-known for its restorative benefits. In Sanskrit Ashwagandha means “the smell of a horse,” indicating that the herb imparts the vigour and strength of a stallion, and has traditionally been prescribed to help people strengthen their immune system after an illness.
Ashwagandha is frequently referred to as “Indian ginseng” because of its rejuvenating properties, even though botanically, ginseng and Ashwagandha are unrelated.
Standardized Extract: 7% Withanolides and 0.25% Withaferin A. (1% Alkaloids)
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Protects the immune system
- Helps combat the effects of stress
- Improves learning, memory, and reaction time
- Reduces anxiety and depression without causing drowsiness
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Offers anti-inflammatory benefits
- Contains anti-malarial properties
- Enhances sexual potency for both men and women
How it works
- Mediates the effects of stress, improves mental and physical performance.
- An adaptogen that overcomes the effects of overwork, fatigue and anxiety.
- Tonic that slows down ageing, rejuvenates tissues throughout the body.
- Clears the mind, strengthens the nerves, promotes restful sleep
- Lessens hair graying
- Normalizes reproductive hormones and improves endurance and fatigue.
- Increases sperm count.
- Adaptogen herb that works on muscles and nerves to increase performance in athletes.
- Enhances psychomotor coordination and reaction time
- Tonic strengthening herb, high in iron content.
- Increases hemoglobin.
Do not use if you have auto-immune conditions like RA, MS or SLE. Contraindicated in pregnancy.
One vegetarian capsule provides:
Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) 500mg
Standardised for a minimum of 7% Whithanoides and 0.25% Withaferin A
Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsule
As a food supplement, take 2 capsules daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
The typical recommended dose is 500 to 1,000 mg twice daily. For people who suffer from insomnia and anxiety, having a cup of hot milk that contains a teaspoon of powdered Ashwagandha or one capsule opened up and poured into the milk before bedtime is beneficial.
NOTE: Excellent for young people as a substitute for ginseng, which may be too stimulating