PEPTAN® MARINE COLLAGEN POWDER
Marine Collagen is a superior protein source which nourishes and rejuvenates the whole body. This type 1 collagen plumps the complexion by hydrating the skin and it reduces wrinkles. It also improves your body’s calcium absorption, assisting with stronger and healthier bones.
Our Marine Collagen has been formulated with Peptan®. Peptan® are bioactive collagen peptides that have been specifically developed to deliver multiple health benefits, supplied in a form that can be easily used and digested by the human body.
One scoop provides:
Hydrolised Marine Collagen 10mg
Take one (1) scoop per day as a serving.
How it works
Human cartilage contains cellular building blocks (chondrocytes). These produce our extracellular matrix, which consists of collagen and proteoglycans (mainly aggrecan).
Collagen fibres make up 70-95% of cartilage and are responsible for its structure and strength, while proteoglycans lubricate and cushion our joints.
Healthy cartilage relies on a balanced process that breaks down collagen and aggrecan and replace them both with a newly formed matrix. If the process is disturbed, increased matrix breakdown leads to loss of cartilage and joint function.
Collagen may assist in keeping joints healthy by:
- Reducing joint discomfort and stiffness
- Acting as a cellular trigger to increase collagen and aggrecan production
- Helping to prevent cartilage degeneration and support healthy joints
- Uniquely helping to reduce joint inflammation, a leading cause of joint discomfort.
Bones are dynamic, living, and growing tissues. Representing around 90% of organic bone mass, collagen is a protein that provides bones with their flexible framework. Calcium phosphate is deposited on this framework, adding strength, and stabilising the bone.
Throughout a person’s lifetime, old bone tissue is broken down (bone resorption) and new tissue is added to the skeleton (bone formation). The process is called bone remodeling, or bone turnover. In healthy adults, bone turnover is approximately 15% of their bones a year. As we age, the bone resorption begins to exceed bone formation.
- Collagen helps to maintain bone mineral density (BMD) and thus prevent bone loss
- Collagen helps to maintain bone strength and healthy bone micro-architecture
- It helps to balance bone formation and bone breakdown
- Collagen peptides stimulates bone building metabolism (proliferation, differentiation, and mineralisation of osteoblasts)
- It helps to slow down the activity of bone-degrading cells (differentiation and functional osteoclasts)
One of the secrets behind our bodies’ health and vitality is the collagen we produce. Collagen is a key structural protein that ensures the cohesion, elasticity, and regeneration of all our connective tissues, such as skin, bones, muscle, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments.
It also gives our musculoskeletal system its infrastructure, which makes it essential to our mobility. With age, our bodies produce less collagen. This process begins around the age of 30 and accelerates at 40. The result is discomfort, high risk of fractures, less agility and possible loss of independence. The connective tissue in our muscles consists primarily of collagen, so a similar effect occurs here.
Age brings on a reduction of muscle mass, which affects strength, tone, flexibility, and balance. The benefit of taking collagen is effective support of joint, bone and muscle health all at once.
Beauty from within
The skin aging process is complex. It is a result of a combination of environmental and physiological factors. Being exposed to the elements takes its toll on our skin, causing a breakdown of collagen. The body produces less collagen as we age, which means the body is less able to repair the environmental damage.
Part of the aging process is due to dehydration. Hyaluronic acid helps to keep the skin well-hydrated. Collagen appears to assist stimulate hyaluronic acid production leading to better hydration of the dermis.
Hair consists of 65-95% protein. With age, hair fibres can be weakened making them more breakable and appear less shiny.
The main areas where collagen peptides may assist beauty:
- Wrinkle reduction
- Hair strength improvement
- Decrease in collagen fragmentation
- Skin hydration improvement.
Collagen provides an essential source of protein to replenish the body’s needs during and after strenuous exercise programs.
- Consult your doctor prior to use, especially if you have a medical condition or are taking prescription medication.
- Please be aware of allergic reactions to the collagen source (fish).
- Clinical trials with Peptan® have not been performed on pregnant women and children.
- Store at or below 25°C.
- Protect from moisture.
- Keep in the original container until ready for use.
- Keep out of reach of children.